Companies are increasingly finding it necessary to take on C
esponsibility and practice successful ethical management in order to achieve economic success. This is especially true when assuming social responsibility offers chances for innovative services and products. At the same time, the development and implementation of CSR standards and ethical measures presents companies with great challenges which demand well-developed management competence and substantiated know-how.
These challenging prerequisites are communicated to you as students in this program of studies by lecturers proven through years of experience both in theory and in practice.Target Groups:
This course of study is interdisciplinary, reflecting the practical reality in the area of CSR management. This can be seen in the selection of courses offered as well as in the academic backgrounds of faculty and students alike. Although the program is based mainly on a foundation of business management, well-suited graduates in other areas, for example Law or Social Sciences, are eligible to study in it.Length of study:
Upon proof of appropriate previous study (ECTS), it is possible to shorten one’s studies by one semester.Language of instruction:
GermanStructure and content:
The Master’s program consists of one fundamental module in management theory (24 semester hours/SWS) and six specialized modules having 8 SWS each. Coursework is concentrated in the first three semesters. The fourth semester is dedicated to master’s thesis preparation.
Modules and selected seminars:
Fundamentals of Management Theory
– Human Resource Management
– International Management
Philosophy and Economy
– Philosophical Foundations of Economics
– Practical Philosophy
Business and Corporate Ethics
– Concepts in Corporate Ethics
– International Business Ethics
Governance & Compliance
– International Corporate Governance
– Values Management and Compliance
Corporate Social Responsibility
– CSR as Philosophy of Management
– Stakeholder Management
– Sociology of Modernity
– Sociology of Poverty
– Organization, Structures, Processes
– Post-National Institutional Organization and
– Research Seminar: A & B Journals
– Master’s Thesis, writtenRequirements for Admission:
· Bachelor’s degree or Diploma
(or equivalent degree), as a rule with a minimum grade of »gut« (»good« = 2 in the German system, »B« in the A-B-C-D system).
· Proof of basic knowledge in economics for graduates of non-economic courses of study
· Graduates of Bachelor’s or Diplom programs encompassing seven semesters may, given proof of sufficient economic knowledge, be accepted to begin studies in the second semester of this program.
· Applicants will go through a selection process to determine personal motivation, previous knowledge and experience
· The number of spaces in the program is limited to 30 per academic year.Information for foreign students:
· Before beginning a course of study at IHI Zittau, You must demonstrate adequate knowledge of the German language
(generally: DSH, German language examination).
· An intensive German language course and the DSH examination may both be taken at IHI Zittau!
· You may be eligible for a scholarship to finance your studies at IHI Zittau
15. July for DSH language exam preparation course (intensive)
15. August to begin in the first semester
15. January to begin in the second semesterHead of the program:
Prof. Dr. Albert Loehrloehr@ihi-zittau.de
Chair of Social SciencesFor further information, contact:
Dr. Eckhard Burkatzki
+49 (3583) firstname.lastname@example.org